I love making salads. You can laugh at me if you want. I think part of why I like them so much though is the challenge of making something that most people consider to be healthy, blah, & boring be delicious, filling, and yes - still healthy.
Today's recipe is inspired by Little Star Pizza in the Mission (which by the way is mainly known for their incredible deep dish pizza). Go try it next time you're in SF!
- 1 bunch of butter lettuce
- handful of sliced almonds
- olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- - Wash and rip your butter lettuce, chop up some chives
- - Mix even parts of pesto and olive oil to make your dressing
- - Toss the lettuce and dressing, then top with sliced almonds and chives
That was easy, huh? Enjoy!