Even though I grew up in Connecticut (only a couple of hours away from New York city), my NYC experiences growing up were focused on Broadway shows, shopping in SoHo, and walking through Times Square. It was time to experience more of the true gritty New York, so Rich and I decided it would make a great adventure.
I think it's important to explore some place new at least monthly. It helps me stay inspired and maintain perspective. It's amazing how a different city can transform your regular habits. I found myself staying out to the early morning hours nightly.
Some of my favorite moments from this trip:
- Seeing Chvrches perform in Williamsburg - if you haven't listened to their music, do it!
- Staying at the Ace Hotel
- Eating at Mary's Fish Camp with some of my favorite people - try the shrimp burger!
- Walking the Brooklyn Bridge - beautiful views
- Wandering into a mid century furniture warehouse in Dumbo called Baxter & Liebchen
- Being warm and wandering the city with ice cream in hand
- Visiting friends at StudioMates - a bunch of designers in one space? yes please.
- Egg creams at the Farmacy in Carroll Gardens
- The rooftop bar at the Wythe Hotel (ended up going twice!)